Agriculture and agri-food industry safety during COVID-19
The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs is working closely with stakeholders and other partners to ensure the safety of Ontario's food supply.
Farmers, agri-food businesses and food processors should:
- Review continuity plans in the event of disruptions to business practices as a result of COVID-19, such as staff shortages or labour disruptions.
- Put in place protocols for physical distancing and regular hand-washing in order to protect the health and safety of employees and the general public.
- Telework, work at home and/or conduct online commerce wherever possible.
- Call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659 for questions about closures of at-risk workplaces or how emergency measures may impact your business. For more agri-food sector-specific questions, call the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out Ontario Together to find out how your business or organization can help communities withstand the outbreak with innovative solutions and support the province's response to COVID-19.
- Learn about extended deadlines for RMP and contact Agricorp for questions about programs and services. Farmers now have until June 30, 2020 to apply for or make changes to coverage under the risk management programs, RMP for Livestock and RMP: Grains and Oilseeds.
Online COVID-19 resources
Learn more about how we continue to protect Ontarians from COVID-19, including status of cases in Ontario, symptoms and treatment, laboratory testing, how to protect yourself, how to self-isolate and more.
Agriculture and food jobs in Ontario - Apply for agriculture, agri-food and food industry jobs to support the response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's COVID-19 Questions and Answers provide information on labour/temporary foreign workers, trade and trade infrastructure, food supply, financial support and programs, food safety and animal health.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency's COVID-19 website contains notices to industry regarding actions to preserve the integrity of Canada's food safety system.
Read the Ontario Federation of Agriculture's statement on COVID-19 pandemic for farm-specific information and resources.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300