Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership)
Table of Contents
- Cost-Share Funding
- Workshops, Resources, and eLearning
- Business Risk Management
- Federal-only Programs Under the Partnership
Funding Supports and Opportunities Currently Available
- Funding is now available to help producer businesses address immediate
health and safety issues directly related to COVID-19 impacts through
the Enhanced Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program. In addition to
helping producer businesses, the enhanced program makes funding available
to businesses that provide off-farm primary packing services and businesses
that provide corn detasseling services.
- You can find the program details for the Enhanced Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program here. Eligible submissions are being assessed on a continuous basis while funding is available.
- If you have already submitted an application under the Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program for Producers and you would like to discuss how this change affects your submission, you can expect to hear from us about that soon. If you prefer to speak to someone immediately, please contact us at: 1-877-424-1300.
- Funding is available now for Agri-Food Workplace Protection Program for provincially licensed meat processors. Eligible applications are received and assessed on a continuous basis, while funding is available.
- OMAFRA has entered into a Transfer Payment Agreement with the Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) to provide agri-food businesses, organizations and associations with educational resources, tools and consulting services to help them implement COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Additional details about businesses that may qualify can be found online on the WSPS website or by calling: 1-877-494-WSPS (9777).
- The Agri-Food Open for E-Business Targeted Intake has been well received. Due to high demand, the intake has been paused while applications that have already been submitted as of May 25, 2020 at 2:30 p.m. are reviewed and funding decisions are made. If funding is still available following the review of the remaining applications, the ministry will re-open this targeted application intake.
- Funding is available now for Addressing Labour Supply and Training Challenges. Eligible applications are received and assessed on a continuous basis, while funding is available.
- The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership) provides cost-share funding for provincially licensed abattoirs to enhance food safety, animal welfare and biosecurity. Intake three supported the purchase of equipment and structural upgrades. The last application intake closed on June 30, 2020.
- Cost-share funding to support market access through the Market Access Initiative continues to be offered. Eligible applications are received and assessed on a continuous basis, while funding is available.
- A targeted intake to support Managed Bee Health continues to be offered. Eligible applications are received and assessed on a continuous basis, while funding is available.
- The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership) provides cost-share funding for provincially inspected dairy plants or dairy plants inspected by Public Health who attended the OMAFRA Pasteurization training on January 23 and /or 24, 2020. The last application intake closed on June 30, 2020.
- A list of all Processor approved projects from the intake period of March 22 to May 6, 2019 is now available.
The Partnership offers cost-share funding to support farmer, processor, other businesses, sector organizations and strategic partnerships. Funding offered through the program is subject to change based on the timing of application intakes and the availability of funds.
Workshops, Resources and E-learning
The ministry continues to offer workshops, resources, and eLearning opportunities at no cost for the agri-food and agri-products sectors.
- Environmental Farm Plan Workshops
- Growing Your Farm Profits Workshops
- Biosecurity Workshops for Producers
- Agriculture and Food Education Online Learning System
- Food Safety and Traceability Resources
- Agriculture Business Management Resources
- Food and Beverage Processing Business Resources
Business Risk Management Support for Farmers
Funding for Business Risk Management (BRM) programs helps ensure producers are protected against significant risks that threaten the viability of their farm and are beyond their capacity to manage. In Ontario, Agricorp administers BRM programs.
Federal-Only Programs under the Partnership
In addition to shared Canada-Ontario programs, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) delivers federal programs under the Partnership aimed at generating economic growth in the agricultural sector. For more information about these programs and how to access them, visit the AAFC website.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300