Growing a food processing business
If you have been operating a food business for some time, there are a number of ways you can build on your success. The resources you see on this page will help you move forward.
Marketing and new product strategies
- Growing your Business; Read this guide for fresh ideas about marketing and advertising, market research, financing and export strategies. You will also find a number of resources to help you explore potential areas of growth.
- Getting an edge with research – Learn about the research OMAFRA and its partners are doing to help build a strong, healthy food industry in Ontario. This includes research with universities and food processors to create new and improved products and processes.
- Co-Packing – Find out how food co-packers can help you bring your products to market. You can also find information on how to find and choose a co-packing partner.
Food Safety and Quality Control
- Improve your food safety and quality procedures – Find links here to important information on issues of food safety, including your responsibilities and obligations, federal, provincial and municipal regulations and contacts and on-line links directing you to resources.
- Building your workforce – Find links here to research on Ontario's food processing labour force. This includes sector-specific information and self-assessment tools for employers.
Environment and energy
- Complying with environmental regulations – Learn about resources and programs to help you understand and comply with environmental regulations and save energy.
- Managing your energy costs – Learn how to save energy save money. Our online guide includes case studies from the Ontario food processing industry.
Contact our Business & Investment Development team for knowledge, connections and resources to help you expand your food business.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300