Growing a food processing business
If you have been operating a food business for some time, there are a number of ways you can build on your success. The resources you see on this page will help you move forward.
Did you know? Under the Ontario Power Authority's High Performance New Construction program you could receive incentives for designing a building that exceeds building code standards and incorporates energy savings.
Marketing and new product strategies
- Growing your Business; Read this guide for fresh ideas about marketing and advertising, market research, financing and export strategies. You will also find a number of resources to help you explore potential areas of growth.
- Getting an edge with research – Learn about the research OMAFRA and its partners are doing to help build a strong, healthy food industry in Ontario. This includes research with universities and food processors to create new and improved products and processes.
- Co-Packing – Find out how food co-packers can help you bring your products to market. You can also find information on how to find and choose a co-packing partner.
Food Safety and Quality Control
- Improve your food safety and quality procedures – Find links here to important information on issues of food safety, including your responsibilities and obligations, federal, provincial and municipal regulations and contacts and on-line links directing you to resources.
- Building your workforce – Find links here to research on Ontario's food processing labour force. This includes sector-specific information and self-assessment tools for employers.
Environment and energy
- Complying with environmental regulations – Learn about resources and programs to help you understand and comply with environmental regulations and save energy.
- Managing your energy costs – Learn how to save energy save money. Our online guide includes case studies from the Ontario food processing industry.
Contact our Business & Investment Development team for knowledge, connections and resources to help you expand your food business.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300