Sheep Genetics, Reproduction and Lambing
These links provide information on performance records, Estimated Progenty Differences and sheep breeding terminology.
- Performance Records - Do You Really Need More Paper?
- Using Performance Records for Sheep Selection
- Selecting The Right Ram With EPDs
- Glossary Of Sheep Breeding Terminology
Performance Programs (External Links)
Links to other genetic evaluation programs.
- GenOvis is the Canadian genetic evaluation program for sheep producers.
- The Canadian Sheep Genetics Evaluation System (CSGES) blog site contains technical documentation for the genetic evaluations and online program used in the GenOvis program
- Australian genetic improvement program.
- Sheep Improvement Ltd. - Genetic
- New Zealand sheep genetic evaluation program.
- United Kingdom sheep genetic evaluation program.
Factsheets providing information on lambing.
- Hypothermia in Newborn Lambs
- Care of the Newborn Lamb
- Assisting the Ewe at Lambing
- Understanding Lamb Mortality
Factsheets providing information on breeding and reproduction.
- Sheep Reproduction Basics and Conception Rates
- Out-of-Season Breeding Alternatives for Sheep
- Pregnancy Scanning: Management Tips
- Breeding Options for a Commercial Sheep Flock
- Choosing Breeds for Producing Profitable Market Lambs
Sheep Breeds (External Links)
These external links include information on breeds of sheep.
- Brief descriptions of many sheep breeds worldwide, as well as the area where they are located.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300