Sheep Genetics, Reproduction and Lambing
Click on the links below for information on:
- Performance Programs (External Links)
- Reproduction / Breeding
- Sheep Breeds (External Links)
These links provide information on performance records, Estimated Progenty Differences and sheep breeding terminology.
- Performance Records - Do You Really Need More Paper?
- Using Performance Records for Sheep Selection
- Fitting EPDs Into Your Selection System
- Selecting The Right Ram With EPDs
- Glossary Of Sheep Breeding Terminology (Order No. 00-079)
Performance Programs (External Links)
Links to other genetic evaluation programs
GenOvis is the Canadian genetic evaluation program for sheep producers.
The Canadian Sheep Genetics Evaluation System (CSGES) blog site contains technical documentation for the genetic evaluations and online program used in the GenOvis program
Australian genetic improvement program.
- Sheep Improvement Ltd. - Genetic
New Zealand sheep genetic evaluation program.
United Kingdom sheep genetic evaluation program.
- Hypothermia in Newborn Lambs (Order No. 98-089)
- Care of the Newborn Lamb (Order No. 98-087)
- Assisting the Ewe at Lambing (Order No. 98-091)
- Lambing Diary (Publication 834)
- Understanding Lamb Mortality (Order No. 12-031)
- Sheep Reproduction Basics and Conception Rates (Order No. 12-037)
- Out-of-Season Breeding Alternatives for Sheep (Order No. 08-065)
- Pregnancy Scanning: Management Tips (Order No. 02-061)
- Breeding Options for a Commercial Sheep Flock
- Choosing Breeds for Producing Profitable Market Lambs
- Sheep Breeds
Brief descriptions of many sheep breeds worldwide, as well as the area where they are located.
Factsheets providing information on lambing
Reproduction / Breeding
Factsheets providing information on breeding and reproduction
Sheep Breeds (External Links)
These external links include information on breeds of sheep.
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300