Swine - Production Management
This section of the website provides information on Ontario swine production management including feeder management, sow production, finisher production, benchmarking, barn management and animal welfare.
- Group Housing of Dry Sows - A Report from the IGN
- Pre-Weaning Mortality
- Sow Feeding Considerations
- Farrowing Room Sanitation (Order No. 12-005w)
- Group Housing Systems for Gestating Sows
- Helping High Risk Piglets in the Farrowing Room (Order No. 20-001)
- Consider All Your Costs When Contract Finishing
- Determining the Size of Finisher Pigs, Replacement Gilts and Sows (Order No. 20-003)
- Feeder Management in the Grower-Finisher Barn
- Points to Ponder When Raising Heavier Weight Pigs
- Tail Biting in Swine
- Swine Feeder Management Video - Watch this video about how to reduce swine feed costs in the grower-finisher barn.
- Grading Data Explorer Analysis Tool A software program for pork producers to analyze hog grading data.
- Carcass Comparison Calculator - Estimate the Cost of Producing Fat
- Energy Costs
- Hog Target Weight Calculator (Order No. 11-031)
- What is Benchmarking?
- Benchmarking for Ontario Swine Operations
- Shipping Lighter Hogs May Save Money
- Target Weight Calculator for Heavy Hogs (Order No. 12-057)
- Small Scale Pig Farming in Ontario - Ontario Pork
- Fencing for outdoor pig production: protecting your livestock and the environment (Order No. 20-015)
- Farming Operations to Come Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Hazards on Farm
- Hazards on Swine Farms - Be Informed and Work Safe
- How to Avoid Production Losses in Swine Due to Heat Stress(Order No. 17-039)
- Enrichment for Pigs
- On Farm Euthansia of Swine
- Guidance on Pigs with Hernias (Order No. 13-075)
For more information:
Toll Free: 1-877-424-1300