Soil Health Research Forum
November 28th, 2016
Conference Centre 1 Stone Rd, W. Guelph
Presented by the OMAFRA-University of Guelph Partnership,
- Purpose of the Forum
- Event details
- Poster Competition
- Agenda (Presentations, external link)
- Recommended for you
Welcome to this knowledge translation and transfer event, an opportunity for sharing soil health research findings and for promoting dialogue and information sharing among researchers, ministry staff, industry and other stakeholders.
The Soil Health Research Forum will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- Learn about most recent research findings addressing soil health in Ontario topics and discuss finding soil health solutions for enhanced agricultural environmental sustainability
- Discuss accelerating Ontario's capacity while meeting future challenges
- Connect with researchers, industry, government and others who are finding solutions to increase soil health in the agricultural landscape
- Explore opportunities through networking and share strategic ideas on building Ontario's research and innovation strengths, opportunities and alliances
- Be inspired by up and coming researchers and innovators in Ontario
Date: November 28th, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Conference Centre, 1 Stone Road W., Guelph, Ontario
Submission date extended
Graduate students are invited to apply to the poster contest.
- Poster abstracts with a maximum of 200 words should be emailed to Rebecca Moore at email@example.com
- Deadline: Tuesday, November 8st, 2016 by 9:00a.m.
Abstracts must include:
- project title
- name of student
- a brief explanation of the project
- why the project is important
- what the specific benefit of the project has been/could be
- who has benefited or is expected to benefit from this research
Deadline: 9:00a.m. on November 8st, 2016 (late submissions will not be accepted)
A review committee will select abstracts for poster display and notification of acceptance with poster guidelines will occur by e-mail by November 10th, 2016.
- Posters must address research related to OMAFRA's environmental sustainability research theme AND soil health research projects that support healthy agricultural soils by answering questions about how agricultural practices affect soil physical, chemical or biological properties, the economics of agricultural soil management options, and best management practices for healthy soils
- Poster template link
- Plain language training will be held in early October. To RSVP or more information, contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posters are due to email@example.com on or before November 24th, 2016 in PDF and PowerPoint formats.
Students - There will be prizes for the best student
1st place - $250, 2nd place - $150, 3rd place - $100
If you are interested in sharing, collaborating, networking, or learning about soil health research - register today! Registration is free, but space is limited so sign up early! This event will also be available via webinar. Please register using the form below or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-424-1300 (Ontario only). Registration deadline is November 24th , 2016.
8:30: Welcome & Overview of Day Building Blocks for Soil Health in Ontario's Agricultural Landscapes
8:45: Ontario's Soil Health Strategy
9:10: Presentation Series 1: Pillars of Soil Health Research
10:15: Break - Poster & Networking
10:35: 1 Minute Grad Student Research Pitches
10:55: Presentation Series 2 - Building Blocks for Soil Management on Ontario's Farmland
12:15: Lunch - Poster Judging & Networking
1:00: Soil Health Keynote
1:30: Presentation Series 3- Economics, Adoption and Environmental Benefits of Soil Health
2:35: Break - Poster & Networking
2:50: What is missing? Exploring Research Priorities for Soil Health
3:30: Winning Equations for Soil Health in Ontario's Landscape Panel
4:00: The Highlights from the Day
For more information: